Saturday, March 27, 2010

My First Beer at Target Field

I was apprehensive taking out my first case of beer at Target Field. Yeah, I know… I had done this 1200+ times before at the Dome. This was different.

I remember my final beer sale for a Twins game at Metrodome. Section 127, Row 17,

Who would buy my first beer in the new stadium?

Fortunately, it didn’t take long… My first beer sale at Target Field… Section 106, Row 15. He bought a Mich. Golden Light. I shook his hand and informed him that he was my first beer sale in Target Field and then probably bored him with my vending history.

This beer meant something to me.

I could not tell you who bought my first beer at the Dome. That was 21 years ago, and it was just a part time job back them.

21 years later, selling beer at Twins games has become a crazy part of my life and I wanted to make sure that I knew who bought my first beer at Target Field.

Thanks John. Hope you 2 enjoyed the game today.

No comments:

Post a Comment